In 1947 William (Bill) Robertson bought the land that is now home to Robertson Crushed Stone, Inc. from the renowned Speed family of Louisville. The business was incorporated as Robertson Crushed Stone on Feb. 3, 1970, at its current location near Depauw in northwest Harrison County.
In the beginning, Bill and his son, Jim, started selling limestone to the residential community. Soon after, Larry Robertson and Charlie Robertson started in the family business. In the mid 1980s, the business started selling high calcium limestone to Duke Energy and Indianapolis Power & Light. Over the years they have diversified and now also sell Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT)-approved material to various commercial and residential customers, including asphalt plants. The business has many residential, industrial, commercial and agricultural customers. The Robertson’s are proud to remain a small family owned business into the third generation. The family credits the company’s longevity to hard work, being able to adapt to changing times and dedication to taking care of its customers.